Import Anime Forums

Full Version: cowboy bebop = lupin the 3rd! ehh?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
has any one else noticed some striking similarities between the main characters in cowboy beop and lupin the 3rd? there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that lupin had a huge influence on spike, not only in appearence but also in personality (well a little), jigen = jet, well both have beards and are the side-kicks in a sense. and finally fay = fujiko, basically the bitchy female character that you "would do" if you were also an anime character, but unfortunately your not, your just a sad bastard who watches too many cartoons Sad . damn im quite harsh with myself these days, has anyone else noticed this? i would be very surprised if not because it was the first thing i noticed when i saw bebop, but alas do the similarities end here? or are there more?
yeah, the bebop rips stuff from a lot or places, its not exactly origonal in the that sense but I still like it. :mrgreen:
be fair it does have some originality
All the similarities were intentional. They are Shinichiro Watanabe's homage to Lupin. He is a huge fan. :mrgreen:
kakoi to the rescue... Watanabe's said in an recent article here in Japan that he wanted to make a Lupin in Space story but they said no so he created Cowboy instead... but the big difference between th two shows is that overwhemling air of seriousness that is in Beebop where in Lupin is pretty light and fuffy in comparison...
I have to say that I love both creations, but Lupin is more my style. :mrgreen:
I think me and Kakoi had a thread about this awhile back.
I'm glad they said no to Watanabe. His characters are much more dimensional than the Lupin ones he would have had to have worked with.
I have no doubts that Watanabe could have easily pulled it off. You guys should check out "Detective Story" written and directed by Watanabe. Part of the animatrix.
that reminds me, that matrix reloaded is coming soon, whos gonna see it? I know I am, first showing hopefully :mrgreen:
I'm not sure. I'm going to see X2. Tonight. :mrgreen:
I just got back from X -2. heheh, well now I have anyway, not when I posted that last thing about the matrix reloaded. but I am looking forward to it, I just saw the new preview for it when waiting for X -2 in the thearters, and it looks better than the first :mrgreen:
It took you this long to realise Tongue
no I realised when I first saw the first trailer, but now I am even more excited :mrgreen:
heheh the director Watanabe is a great fan of his, he even dresses up like him in Excel Saga
Pages: 1 2