Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Alright, which should I get tonight? =)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gasaraki (MI) (I love artsy and deep. I ate up Eva)

KOR (MI) (I've heard this is great, but I don't want to get it if an R1 is on the way, and it's also pricey, so unless you guys scream at me to get this it isn't too likely ^_^)

Lain (FX) (Just wanted this for a while, haven't seen it, heard it's good)

Ai Yori Aoshi (MI) (Looks cool)

Armitage Collection (MI) (Also looks cool, and I love R1 rips)

I would be all over Maison Ikkoku, but I don't have $80 to drop right now =(
I say Lain, granted I havnt even seen KOR, but I still say lain :mrgreen: if you like boogie pop phantoom and horror stuff, this is for you :mrgreen:
KOR is out on R1 Vance. Check out www.animeigo.com I bought the box set last year. The R1 singles are out. 12 volumes at $25 each. $22.50 if you buy off the site. :mrgreen:
Woah, cool. Why no R1 rip yet I wonder.
Cause AnimeIgo will strike down with vengance if anyone rips on of their sets.

I say Gasaraki, a real good series. Serious and lots of political drama.
Went Lain + Love Hina Original Sound File ^_^

Gasaraki is up next. That series looks really intriguing.
nice, its a bit slow moving for the first 3 episodes or so, but after that things pick up :mrgreen:
Plus there's no point in doing an R1 rip of KOR, since it's only subtitled. They didn't do dubs for it. I'd say buy the KOR set. It's like $50 whereas the R1's with subs only will end up costing you around $250.
I still haven't seen Lain myself. So tell me what you think when you get it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
its kind of like boogie pop, if you've seen it.... kind of scifi ish type of fell, oh well thats all I am going to say because my eyes are killing me and I am going to go lie down...
No dub on the KOR r1? Yeah, I'll most definitely pick up the MI set out now then. As for Lain, I'll be sure to post all about it ^_^ Starting to get stoked.
The Animeigo subtitles are awesome. No engrish. :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

The Animeigo subtitles are awesome. No engrish. :mrgreen:

Yea the HK Kor set is kinda bad with missed lines and such.. but still can understand what is going on.
But when they do rips, do they copy the subs too, or they do they make their own subs? I actually heard that the KOR subs weren't that bad. Obviously the Animeigo ones are going to be perfect, but I thought they would be just as good as the ones on my Maison Ikkoku HK set.
When they do R1 rips the copy the subs.. (why you get subs missing is probably subs that are in a different color and they don't go through multiple times to rip them) so they don't show up.