Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Hopelessly 80's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sadly obssessed with the 80's. I've been listening to, too much music from the 80's.

Currently listening to: Rick James, The Cars, The Police, and the J Geils Band.

Not to mention my anime interest is in the 80's. It was the Golden Decade of Anime.

By the way if anyone knows some good funk bands please recommend: Looking into The Commodores, George Clinton, Earth Wind & Fire, and Parliament(?).

I'd put this in the General Babble but, it would be destroyed so quickly.
It's more funk/punk/whatever, but check out Fishbone.
We've got the Funk. Sure thing. :mrgreen:

I think I remember them.
I love the 80's too. Especially the movies that came out in the 80's. Back to the future is one of my all time favorites. I think I've seen every single episode of virtually every sitcom that aired in the 80's multiple times. I love all the music from back then too. But can't help you with the funk thing. I was more into Bon Jovi and stuff like that back then.
Sly and the Family Stone is pretty good.
Morris Day and the Time my friends!!! Pie you need them, they totally ROCK!!! And A noted movie would have to be Weird Science! Tongue Man the Eighties were the best!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 8) 8) 8) You had to have cool shades in the eighties too. 8) :mrgreen:
Awesome. Thanks guys. Dark, I've seen Weird Science multiple times. The show was ok. I forget who played the hot chick. I saw a movie starring Pauly Shore, and the guy who played Rudy. They find Brendan Frasier who is a defrosted Caveman. They all go to high school in California. It had a great 80's premise.

Best 80's movie hands down: Revenge of the Nerds. My all time favorite. :mrgreen:
AH you speak of Encino Man!!! Another great movie full of cheese. CASUNGAS!!!
Remember War Games and Tron. "Lets play a game." Man the 80s... Smile
I miss the 80's too.
Speaking of a blast from the past, I saw the great 80s movie in theaters not to long ago: Ghostbusters!
There was a new print of it showing in Santa Monica. "Now that's a big twinkie."
The eighties are my favorite!! I've seen Encino Man so many times. I'm not sure If I should be ashamed, hell I'm not. I went to the theater for that one. Now I'm getting nostalgic again.
Hey!!!! The greatest thing ever started in the 80s!!! NINTENDO!!!!!!!! Super Mario Brothers!!!! "Take one step and then again... DO THE MARIO"!!! :twisted: :twisted: