Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Cowbow Bebop: Perfect Collection (FX)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought this off ebay (brand new) some time ago but i noticed that on the box it said FX but when i played the dvd it oddly showed the AV logo as it started up... ¬_¬ so i was wondering who really made the cowboy bebop perfect sessions since the reviews never mention an AV version.... and why in the box are some of the episode titles in bold red.. has anyone else noticed this with their versions? (BTW I'm not complaining about the dvd set at all I thought the set was stunning it has all the ops and ed for each eps and the menus were really nice....)
AV pressed the DVDs for fx but its still an fx set.

I just got the MAC rip of Bebop Perfect myself and people weren't lying about the pixelation problems, I can really notice it on my TV. The MI set has much better video quality but I would take the fx version anyday over it, I actually understand what is going on now :mrgreen:
Flora is also releasing a new version of the Perfect Collection soon, with some things fixed ^_^
That's weird....

The one I bought is the Perfect Sessions one but it is entirely AV. The case is exactly the same as the FX one except with no logo. The discs only show the AV logo once I play them, so other than that, there is no indication of who made the set.
Quote:Originally posted by "matthewmalay"

AV pressed the DVDs for fx but its still an fx set.

I just got the MAC rip of Bebop Perfect myself and people weren't lying about the pixelation problems, I can really notice it on my TV. The MI set has much better video quality but I would take the fx version anyday over it, I actually understand what is going on now :mrgreen:

I dont understand what people are talking about my set seems to be perfect i have only noticed only one scene in the whole series where there is noticable pixelation that is visible in playback... in a few other cases i tried to look for what other people were talkng about and i paused in a high action scene, and there was a tiny bit of macro blocking... thats it... what other errors are there to fix
I see plenty of pixelation in the 1st DVD in full motion. Some people notice the pixelation more than others. If it doesn't bother you, good for you then but it annoys me.

I compared some of it with the MI set and the MI version definately has much much better video.
There's actually is alot of pixelation going on. I didn't notice it for the longest time, but then one day I compared it with my R1's and it was very noticeable. But if you're sitting far away from the TV and aren't looking for it, most likely you won't notice it. Try pausing it during one of the space gate scenes and it's very obvious. All of the yellow hyper space lines are all screwed up.