Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Any date on MAC Fushigi Yugi TV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just saw on animegod that MAC is releasing their perfect edition of Fushigi Yugi (no doubt an FX rip) sometime soon. Does anybody know when?

JJ? 8)
Why get it from MAC when FX has an awesome set and MI is releasing the same set as well. I don't know, after getting Captain Tylor I seriously resent MACs gatefolds. No plastic slip, just a printed cardboard cover over a little fat generic mac box.
I say get it from FX. Why reward Mac for ripping FX's stuff. Don't support Mac rips and maybe they'll get creative and do their own rips of R1 stuff that Flora hasn't ripped yet.
Cause MAC is cheaper and it is alot more convenient to order stuff from Import Anime for me than anywhere else cause I'm in Canada also so I get stuff super quick ship and don't have to worry about customs.

Plus MAC is slowly upgrading all their gatefolds to have artwork and a clear plastic sleeve and they also do original, if we can call it that in this business :wink: R1 rips like Now & Then.

Everyone has a different reason for getting one set over another one.
Yup, thanks Matthew... also the MAC set of Fushigi is R1 rip... so is FX... so lets not debate honor amongs theifs here.
Woah, hold on. Does the MAC Now and Then have a full size gatefold with a plastic slip?
Yes Vance
sounds good to me, but im not really in any hurry so I might as well wait around for some reviews, even if it is an R1 rip, just to see about the packaging, compresion isseus, etc.
Matthew pretty much summed up my reasoing for getting MAC sets over FX sets.

Simply put, seeing as there is near negligible differences between FX and MAC sets, I go for MAC sets all the time since I can order them from JJ at a lower price, lower shipping, quicker shipping and so on and so on.
Damn, and I have Now & Then with an ugly ass generic gatefold. Damn me for being impatient

The Now & Then set is very good, excellent video/audio. I only have one very minor complaint ,besides my ugly gatefold Confusedweatdrop:, there a some missed lines but not many. I think there was one in the entire first DVD and about 3-4 in the 2nd and 3rd DVD respectively. It wasnt too important and there is an english dub if you are dying to know what they said during the missed lines
Woah, I'll be picking that up from you sometime next week then JJ =) Very cool.
Most of my anime is MAC, for the simple reason that this site sells it ans supporting i-a is pretty important to me... I hope that those of us who spend a lot of time on the boards and use the databases have placed a few orders to help support the site. But I digress.. Although I do normally get MAC, I did order the FX Fushigi Yugi sets and I have to say that the FX sets are absolutely beautiful and are probably my most prized HK possessions because of the gatefolds.. I'll be interested to see what the MAC sets look like.
Quote:Originally posted by "Shibo"

Most of my anime is MAC, for the simple reason that this site sells it ans supporting i-a is pretty important to me... I hope that those of us who spend a lot of time on the boards and use the databases have placed a few orders to help support the site. But I digress.. Although I do normally get MAC, I did order the FX Fushigi Yugi sets and I have to say that the FX sets are absolutely beautiful and are probably my most prized HK possessions because of the gatefolds.. I'll be interested to see what the MAC sets look like.

I'll admit, I don't order much stuff from MAC. Almost every HK I own is FX and since I now know that CJV is related to I-A and they carry FX, I will definitely be placing my future orders with Bella (her prices are pretty good too). Sorry JJ, I just don't order much from MAC. I hope helping support CJV supports I-A also.
well, I just try to get what I want from where I can get it, but I usually check in IA to see if they have it, and I read the reviews and such to see about the packaging, because although I will tolarate the generic MAC gatefold, I do not really like it.
The only R2 rip I know that MAC did was Celebi - A Timeless Encounter, with original HK subs, and a R2 video/audio.
Pages: 1 2