Import Anime Forums

Full Version: SARS question (Serious Nature)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have some questions about the recent SARS epidemic. This thread is very serious in nature, so please keep it that way, thank you.

I was wondering if anyone had received a package from Hong Kong in the past 3 months or so. A buddy of mine lives in Siu Wan city. He and I send each other things at times. I was wondering if anyone has experienced a problem with a package, and if it has gotten you "under the weather". I've learned about Viruses and their life outside the body, but I am still concerned none the less. The problem is the fact, that we still don't know anything about the virus. There are still problems that we have yet to fully understand. I am interested to see, if anyone has either gotten a package from Hong Kong, or if they know something about the lastest news.

My mom works for the Preventive Health for nurses, which deals with such outbreaks. From what she says, there is no guarntees for anything.

Any links or tidbits of news are appreciated, and thank you ahead of time for reading, this. God Bless, Steve.
3 hour life of the virus outside a host... if this was an issue USA would have quarantined all the packages from asia...
It's a more serious version of Pneumonia. WHich means if you feel like shit, see a doctor.
if you get it....i'll give you 100 bucks for all your anime

j/k

but seriously, you dont have anything to worry about Smile . Like JunkieJoe said, "if this was an issue USA would have quarantined all the packages from asia..."
Well just a little word to the wise. If you are really worried about anything from the Asian world do this... get a can of layso and spray it down. That is what are mail service does to kill airborn particles... Me I just wear my Fire Fighting mask if i get scared...
Well l can't go home for the summer if the epidemic continues, its kinda scary too, no cure for it and all
yeah, its not to recent that a new virus such as this comes out, I think all we can do but hope and pray. and since this is a serious thread I will just leave this post at that, just hope that this whole thing will be over in a short while.
Me and my friend actually canceled our plans to visit Japan later this year. I guess we're gonna wait and hope this clears up by next year.
some more info, the virus survives for 24 hours instead of 3... new news
Would Lysol spray destroy the package? How long does it take to ship to Hong Kong?
I decided to call of my trip for now as well. My immune system is already shit. I would catch it in a second. Confusedweatdrop:

I wouldn't worry about Lysol destroying the package. It really depends on what you are tying to ship. UPS has a nice overnight service which dosen't cost to much. :mrgreen:
Ok first your are to spray the wrappings that have come in contact with airborne particles... Your DVd's which are wrapped in plastic are fine from both the virus and the Lysol. You just want to spary the outsdie stuff. But JJ is Right unless the virus finds a host it is dead with in a day and at the most 3 days...
I'm going to call the Post Office and see what they do/recommend.

I'll leave the package in my basement for two days (it's not food). Then I'll spray the outside with lysol. Wait another day. Rip open the package, and burn the paper. Then I'll wipe down my stuff with more lysol. Let it chill over night, and have one more lysol party with it. Then it will be good. :mrgreen:
You can never be to cautious. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CAn you say over kill but STeve that's what I like about you...
Pages: 1 2