Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Where can I buy dragonball Z in DIVX format?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if this is off topic but I need the complete series in divx format. Buying the dvd's is really too big of a burden. If anyone has or knows someone who sells dragonball z in divx format, please drop me an email.

Sorry if this is off topic or against the rules and I apologize in advance and you may delete this topic. Thanks.

Iqubal
[email protected]
usually u download divx files... www.anime-xtreme.com often distrubutes dbz/gt eps. also dbz-vortex.com & kazaa have dbz eps (the urls listed have dubs) but dbz vortex has .rm files... which in my opinion are better thatn divx but if u want u can always convert rm to avi(divx) with various programs...
ahem, exuse me, what did you smoke?
RM better than divx?!!!
naaaaaaaaaaaani?
Iqubal...i'd give you all my DiVX but I'd feel shitty trading them, let alone selling them

*sigh, DiVX is so useless after time....its only good for fansubs
liv4speed1. I dropped you a PM, and thx to everyone for responding. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by "sangofe"

ahem, exuse me, what did you smoke?
RM better than divx?!!!
naaaaaaaaaaaani?

DivX isnt all that good as i have often found through my encoding experiances... firstly unless ure a major sound freak .rm kicks asss... the purpose of codecs is to make files as small as possible with the highes quaality possible. if u convert a .rm file to divx u will find that a files that was 30 mb as rm is 150mb as divx.... also i have found that the codec MS MPEG-4 3688 V3 encodes half the files size as divx at the same bitrate.
i dont know the specs of DIVX vs RM but I know for a fact that RM sucks compared to ALL other codecs... the only thing thats good with RM is the size compression but the quality if loosing is very high... it might look ok in a 50x50 pixel window but if u do RMs any bigger than that, all u see is your monitor BLEED
Seriously, RM makes the image pixilate like crazy. I only had three series which looked decent on RM, and that was the first season of Slayers, Ranma 1/2, and Fushigi Yuugi.
I've seen some decent quality using RM but nowhere close to Divx but I do agree that for low quality stuff RM is better cause it has better compressibility
Quote:Originally posted by "LordMelkor"

sangofe Wrote:ahem, exuse me, what did you smoke?
RM better than divx?!!!
naaaaaaaaaaaani?

DivX isnt all that good as i have often found through my encoding experiances... firstly unless ure a major sound freak .rm kicks asss... the purpose of codecs is to make files as small as possible with the highes quaality possible. if u convert a .rm file to divx u will find that a files that was 30 mb as rm is 150mb as divx.... also i have found that the codec MS MPEG-4 3688 V3 encodes half the files size as divx at the same bitrate.

hmm, i think you haven't download a good divx anime, because divx better than .rm
see this; i make it with Divx 3.11 SBC
http://animenotengoku.free.fr/Sample.rar
Quote:Originally posted by "LordMelkor"

sangofe Wrote:ahem, exuse me, what did you smoke?
RM better than divx?!!!
naaaaaaaaaaaani?

Allright i do alot of encoding and well 1st thing You can't Compare reencoding a file to the original.. that is first of all a big NO no because anytime you reencode you lose Quality.

Mpeg4 v3 = DivX 3.11a they hacked the Mpeg4 v3 to get DivX 3.11a.. And now the only way to get any good quality outta MS Mpeg4 v3 or DivX 3.11a is to use a tool called Nandub to control everything.
DivX 4/5, Xvid etc. are very good encoding codecs.

1st of all the only rm that comes close to mpeg4 (DivX, Xvid, 3vix are all mpeg4 codecs) since they all use Mpeg4 Simple Profile is Real Media 9 which license video compression from On2 which makes the vpX codecs.

2nd filesize is determined by your bitrate.. if you set your bitrate to where bitrate * length of file = filesize and you set your bitrate to get 150mb file.. well you will get a 50mb file.

3rd There is already Mpeg4 compatiple home dvd players. (there name is Kiss ???) which you can watch your DivX avi files on your dvd players without having to convert them VCD or SVCD. again loosing quality.

4th using Avi file format or new ones like Ogg or Matroska always greater flexibility with what you want to do with it.. Cut parts out etc.. Rm is a real closed container format.

5th you can use any player with divx files that you want.. You arn't limited to Real One which majorly sucks ass.

6th. And the purpose at codecs is to make a comprimise of quality and filesize.. trying to get the best quality outta the smaller filesize.. Sometimes this is totally not possible unless the video is hardly watchable which i have seen some rm's for this..

There is only one good area that Rm is great at.. And that is for streaming content on the web.. but for downloading movies and watching them.. Mpeg 4 codecs are the way to go. That is why more VOD services are looking at Mpeg 4 codecs..

Also the next Gen of specs of dvds is lookign at using Mpeg 4 for dvds to get you even more quality out of the space of a dvd.. currently they use Mpeg2.
Confusedweatdrop: damn i got some ownage, but i was mainly voicing my good impression of the rm files available at dbz-vortex.com, those had equal video quality so many good divx encodings that I have seen (though now that u mention it, ive noticed some bleeding in the dbz rm files from vortex).
I heard those Kiss DVD players can only play Divx 4 and 5 which is a shame cause most of my digisubs are encoded with Divx3.11
They play Mpeg4 ISO standard which DivX 4,5 and Xvid all are.. DivX 3.11a which is the Mpeg4 v3 MS codec is not a Mpeg4 ISO standard.. its way off.. There where some people working on tools to be able to convert the DivX 3.11 avi files into mpeg4 iso standard without reencoding.. but i also belive another company besides Kiss has a player that will play DivX 3.11a along wtih the rest.. i will research it and post back..
a Modded Xbox play everything but rm, Tongue
Pages: 1 2