Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Gundam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm probably the only person in this world who hasnt seen it. Can anyone compare it to anything? I'm thinking bout buying it, but if its going to be a crap anime I dunno if I wanna watch it. Much thanks!
Can't help much. I only really like Gundam Wing. You should check on the other board you're usually on and read Xeven's posts. He's the best one to ask.
well its mecha, its pretty origonal, I couldnt really compare it to anything by any means more than both mecha. like Vicious, I only like(wouldnt know though since its the only one I own) I would say go for it, it has to be somewhat good if it has gained this much popularity after all :mrgreen:
i've heard both good and bad reviews. I dont wanna shell out 40 bucks unless I find out its worth.

Vicios: I'll have to do that, i was browisng but didnt read many of the series.
I'm watching Gundam X now (watched a couple eps this morning before going to work and was pretty absorbed by the plot and almost wanted to call in sick :twisted: ).

Anyway, I've seen Gundam Wing and its movie Endless Waltz on TV (liked them too).

I will buy Gundam Z, Gundam ZZ, Gundam 08th MS team/ova, and may be Gundam G, Gundam-turn A TV, and Gundam Char's Counter attack.

Check out the reviews here and at http://www.animeniacs.com/.

I just mecha anime.......... :roll:
Real Gundam series (0079, Zeta, etc.) focus on the innocents lost in war while telling a good story filled with political corruption of the different sides. SHow's very unpredictable. They off main characters like it ain't no thing.
Other Gundam shows (like W, X, G) tell there own stories while throwing in flashy mechs and lacking on the character developments.
By the original series, either the TV show or the movie trilogy. I suggest the movie trilogy if your anal about subs Tongue If you like it, you'll dig most of the other Gundam series.
Quote:Originally posted by "liv4speed1"

I'm probably the only person in this world who hasnt seen it. Can anyone compare it to anything? I'm thinking bout buying it, but if its going to be a crap anime I dunno if I wanna watch it. Much thanks!

Actually, you are not the only one. :wink: I am trying to watch the Gundam series after seeing 08th MS Team. I am currently trying to collect the R1 Mobile Suit Gundam (0079) and Gundam Wing. I've heard the HK version of 0079 has some crap subs so I decided to grab the R1's and watch the dub (because that's all that is included on the R1's Confusedweatdrop: ) I am really interested to see Gundam Z because I hear so many good comments about it.

Vinny: Is the movie series a compressed version of the Gundam 0079 TV series or is it different?
ack, dub only, I made that mistake collecting some stuff a while back. if I were you I would just get the HK and suffer through the shit subs.
Quote:Originally posted by "OptimisticOx"

ack, dub only, I made that mistake collecting some stuff a while back. if I were you I would just get the HK and suffer through the shit subs.

What's dub only? Most R1's have the original Japanese on it.
not all though, some stuff just comes with a dub. like macross/robotech, if you can even call that anime.
Quote:well its mecha, its pretty origonal

Technically, it is the first Giant Robot series.

Quote:Real Gundam series (0079, Zeta, etc.) focus on the innocents lost in war while telling a good story filled with political corruption of the different sides

That's very true. I prefered 08th MS Team, as long as it had the lost 13th episode (which none of the HK sets have ConfusedweatdropSmile

Quote:Other Gundam shows (like W, X, G) tell there own stories while throwing in flashy mechs and lacking on the character developments

No offence man, but have you seen them all? Gundam Wing has character development, a lot of it, buy uo have to read the manga that links Gundam Wing to Endless Waltz. Read Episode Zero. It tells the characters. Helps the characters. If someone wants the manga, get ahold of me via PM or something. If you have a good connection (Cable/DSL) PM me and I'll send them to you on AIM or IRC.

I really do reccomend Gundam Wing/Endless Waltz, but also Gundam X. 08th MS Team was excellent in my opinion, as was 0083: Stardust Memory.
sazuka, I would like the manga, sent you a PM. :mrgreen:
Quote:Technically, it is the first Giant Robot series.

Well, don't forget Gigantor ^_^

The Gundams in most cases are pretty unique because they really show all sides of war, not just a glamorized front line view. From what I've seen, they also don't pay much favoritism to either side as far as who is evil and who is not. Definitely recommended, although I'd check out 00XX series first. They're sweet but short. Every once in a while they start showing one on CN as well so you can get a preview. I think 0080 is going on now on adult swim.

The mecha, well, it was one of the firsts and the greats, but I think it's been outdone in that area time and time again by more recent shows. I'd watch it for everything else it has to offer, which is a lot considering your standard mecha anime.
Well of the Gundam various Series my favorite ones have to be Gundam 08th MS Team, Gundam Wing, and the new series Gundam Seed(this has to be my favorite one so far).
Quote:Originally posted by "Vicious"

OptimisticOx Wrote:ack, dub only, I made that mistake collecting some stuff a while back. if I were you I would just get the HK and suffer through the shit subs.

What's dub only? Most R1's have the original Japanese on it.

I thought for sure, that the R1 version would have the original Japanese, especially since it said so on the site that I bought it from :x ...The dub actually isn't too bad, but the fact that the Japanese is not included got me pissed. I don't know...I might sell the volume that I bought and buy the Engrish version...lol. Tongue
Pages: 1 2