Import Anime Forums

Full Version: best anime soundtrack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
recently ive notice that loads of animes have fantastic soundtracks opposed to in the early 90s/late 80s when everything had really cheesy scores that sounded the same. but now most anime series have music to rival the quaility of the show.

my top 5 would be:
1. cowboy bebop (obviously!)
2. flcl (japanese punk rock by the pillows!)
3. evangelion (beauitful classical scores)
4. hellsing (funky and haunting tunes)
5. rurouni kenshin (just plain great)

although this top 5 would also be similar to my top 5 favorite anime series, i assure you that these are my favorite series for music also!
I don't own too many soundtracks. But the best one by far IMO would be Cowboy Bebop. Too bad there's like 11 discs, so it's hard to own all of them.
OST to Escaflowne is sick.

Any Yoko Kanno is sick actually.

Otherwise my list looks just about like yours sano =) Except I haven't seen flcl yet and only parts of kenshin.
I only have a few anime (entire cowboy beebop OSTs + limited ed, ghost in the shell movie, ghost in the shell Confusedtand alone complex, Escaflowne, Metropolis).

I like ghost in the shell (movie + OST) and cowboy bebop the best. Next, Metropolis. I also like Miyazawa's movie soundtracks (Totoro, Rosso Pocco, Spirited Away, Nausicca and Laputa come in mind)
All the Dragonball soundtracks, One Piece, Cowboy Bebop, and anything by Hayao Miyazaki!
well, I downloaded all of the songs from bebop and bebops music has to be the first that comes to mind when I think of the best music in an anime. so I would have to go with that :mrgreen:
has anyone heard the akira ost? its damn crazy, the kinda shit that keeps you awake at night!
.Hack sign and Noir's music is really good also.
Can't believe I forgot Akira and .hack?! 8O 8O
1. Witch Hunter Robin
2. Kenshin OVA
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Wolf Rain
5. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
6. Gundam Seed
I WUV both Hellsing OSTs. The Escaflowne one is... okay. I really only dig about 4 tracks on it.

But, then again, I've never been as big of a Kanno fan as some people.
Let's just say the Akira track is VERY interesting.

On another note, I'd say Cowboy Bebop's kick ass jazz tunes are No#1!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Initial D.
i cant listen to anime OSTs in the car, but when I'm studying I like

.hack//SIGN
Noir
RahXephon

The best by far
does anyone know if hk soundtracks are good quality? are they as good as the dvds we love so much?
Pages: 1 2