Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Negative Press in the New Age
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to do a research paper on Negative Press in the media. This is what I have so far. I'm also looking into more information for my one section, but any input would be benifitial.

Negative Press and the New Age

Does the Press seem to hurt the news more than it helps? Does it seem to report more bad news than good? Why does the world seem to be going down the proverbial tubes while it continues to revolve around the sun in our lonely existence? How do the people feel about all of this? That is what I plan to find out.

Being a reporter for the Romulus High School Newspaper (The Talon) as well as the Romulus High School News, I can say that the Media does depict the world as a rather deadly place. This is partially due to the fact that it is, because as the old saying goes, ?blood sells.? It seems to me, that if the newspaper says that we are going to war, more people will buy it than if the headlines were to say something like ?Mickey Mouse turns 150.? It is all how the public views the world right now, as a deadly place where you cannot turn your back away from anyone for fear you may end up face down in a puddle.

Blood sells. What does that mean? The phrase ?blood sells? means that practically anything that is full of the four major evils (death, pestilence, war, and famine) will instantly become a hit. Why? Because this is what the public wants instead of what they need ?some happiness and some kindhearted people from the world, this world, to grace the main page of local media.

When was the last time that a kindhearted person ended up on the main page of the newspaper that wasn?t a member of a sports team, or wasn?t spurred by some tragic occurrence? What?s wrong? Can?t remember? Because it?s been a long, long time. Main page news is never happy, it?s always full of grief, because that is what people will instantly notice and will instantly want to read. Happy news, if and whenever it comes, seems to always get stuck in the back of section A, or even worse, sometimes in the back of another section. Why? The reason is stated above, it does not grasp the attention of the reader; no, instead, it?s the gore and blood of those who have been murdered, raped, or shot in combat is what grips the attention of millions.

Why is our nation so reliant on blood and gore to keep their attention? Part of the reason, I believe, is that over the years, movies have progressively gotten more and more bloody and gory. Where did all of this start? Three movies that started this new trend were Total Recall, Robocop, and Rambo. This started the spur of people who wished to see nothing more than simple gruesome killing, something that would show lots of blood and explosions. The production companies saw the ratings that these movies got, as well as the flack they got as well, and started grinning with delight. Suddenly, people like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, and Bruce Willis became the cover of magazines, and some of the most popular people in the world (i.e.: Microsoft Word?s spellchecker knows how to spell Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger) , due to their portrayal of death and violence to the public who ate it up like last nights dinner.

Mayor Rudy Giuliani was made to be a national hero after the events of September 11th, for his reaction to such a tragedy. This became front page news, and got him on many talk shows. What no one remembers is that the now ex-mayor of New York City was, at the time before Nine-eleven, in hot water for his scandalous affairs in the bedroom. Why was this never brought to light? Because the news didn?t think that the people would want to read about it ? instead, at the time, we needed a national hero, so we got one.

The media makes everything seem to be falling apart. The war in Iraq will ?send Iraq into a new freedom, bring them into this era, and let them join the rest of the world free of persecution.? Unfortunately, this is not the case, as ninety-eight percent of what we did in Afghanistan made life worse instead of better. The media hides this fact, and instead tries to push forth a positive light on the ordeal, which is not exactly a bad thing, but obviously makes things appear better than they are.

Saddam Hussein has ?weapons of mass destruction? says the news and media. What evidence do they have of this? The U.N. Weapons Inspectors never came up with any valid proof of this; instead, they turned up empty warheads. Hussein has the capability of having weapons of mass destruction, but no evidence. The media says otherwise, as it makes the world view Saddam as the bad guy, placing the American Public at ease.

Why is this a big deal? Well, the Government and the Media use disinformation as a form of deceit to the American Public. It wouldn?t be such a big deal if it happened every now and then, but it?s now becoming commonplace. The media continues to spread disinformation, and with that, makes the world a darker place.

The world is turning into a darker place. With words of war being spread daily, it seems that the world becomes a bleaker place. The media is no help with this, as they are like vultures, flying over a possible news story and then landing for the feast as it happens. They pounce on any opportunity to talk to witnesses, whether they are emotionally stable or not.

Other views are [Insert information here ]

The belief that the media is what is ruining some of this era is only half of what I conceive to be my own. I cannot say that it is always the media, as the media is broad and the blame cannot solely be pointed to them. I do believe, however, that the media is partially to blame, as is the government in general, and this is the cause of such great hopelessness and conflict in this world.
Very good Suzaku. I enjoyed that a lot. I just learned a great deal from that, like the spell check. Hmm. My view? Tell you what. I get home at 9 tonight. Talk to me over AIM if you can and I will have a more orginized point to give by then. Also, you should listen to Megadeths PEACE SELLS track. It is one of the many reasons I like Megadeth so much. I should send that to you over aim as well. Maybe it can open a door or two for you as well. One lyric worth noting is....What do you mean I can't be President of the United States of America? It's still We The People, Right?
very nice, cant help you much, but I thought I would just give my compliments. :mrgreen:
Very good. I hate the media (news, newspapers, and the like) all of them are biased. I don't understand how anyone can take what they here to be the complete truth.
I just read the comics :mrgreen: Confusedweatdrop: