Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Uresei Yatsura on HK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if Uresei Yatsura (the series and not just the movies) is available on HK? I can't find any reviews on this site for anything but the movies. I would buy it on R1, but I can't justify spending that much on something that's not dubbed.
There's no HK available. If you like it enough, buy it. You'll miss out if you demand a dub to justify spending your money.. Kimagure Orange Road somes to mind as something that people who insist upon dubs miss out on.. Macross is another one, unless you count the robotech mangling.
It's hard to pay that much when they don't dub it. I saw Maison Ikkoku with subs because of the HK's. And KOR, I'm renting from the anime place over here, so I still get to watch that too. I'm not a big Macross fan, so not watching that doesn't bother me too much. The only thing I'm having problems with is Urusei Yatsura. I might have to give in and buy the first boxset and see how it is.

Does anyone have any idea why there's no HK's of it? Is it because Animeigo has the rights to it, so noone wants to produce them in fear of being sued?
Bingo. Animeigo rips don't really exist, to my knowledge.. For the reason you just named. Maybe someone will be brave enough to try one soon. God knows I'll be brave enough to buy it. Wink Maybe I'm a hypocrite, I dunno, because while not buying something because of a lack of dub sounds completely obsurd to me, not buying something because of a lack of original japanese audio and subtitles makes complete sense. Guess that's what makes us all individuals, heh.