Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Opinions on Berserk and Escaflowne studios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which version is better for Berserk, MI or Mac (they are selling the mac version here)?

Which version is best for Escaflowne? There is one from A which doesn't have english dub. There is one from Fx with english dub. Now there is the one from Mac on this site (perfect edition) with english dub.

Thanks for advice.
if it has dub then that means it is an R1 rip, so I would say go for one of the ones with dubs. :mrgreen:
Berserk MI and MAC are the same. MAC ripped the MI version so they are exxactly alike
all I know is that I have the MI one coming in the mail, and the quality is supposed to be pretty good. :mrgreen:
Well the video and audio could be better, the video has alot of grain and noise while the audio has an echo but the subs are amazing, probably the best I've seen in a HK set that weren't ripped from the official dvds.
Subs are mostly what I am conserned about, as long as the video and audio are par I am fine. :mrgreen:
Go with the MI on Berserk. It is a great set. I would also say go with the FX for Escaflowne. I haven't been let down by FX yet. Big Grin Granted I don't own the set, but I will assume it is as good as other releases by them. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks for the replies.

I've got differing opinions on Berserk. matthewmalay says that the MI and MAC are the same. kakoi_sugoi_yama says the MI is the way to go. kakoi, are you saying that the MI is better than the MAC version?

Regarding the Escaflowne, there are 2 versions with english dub. The perfect edition from MAC and the FX (non-perfect edition) one. Does anyone know what is different in the perfect edition?

Thanks.
I am only guessing but the perfect edition could just be a modification of what they did earlier or something. but I agree with kakoi, that FX almost always has the best stuff, and they have never let me down either. :mrgreen:
On that note, how is the Ghibli set MAC compared with MI?
Well I'm pretty sure the MAC version is just repackaged AS discs and the AS version was just a direct rip of the MI version.

Hey Kakoi, does the main menu in your Berserk set say Pally All instead of Play All, if it does then they are both the same

As for Escaflowne, I wouldn't be surprise if the MAC perfect edition is just a rip of the fx version meaning they are the same. The fx version should be a perfect edition because they use that term for R1 rips. Theres also a fx version of escaflowne that comes with the movie
well, you could check the reviews, and after doing it, it seams that the mac set is just the MI set with 3 movies per disc rather than 2.
the video on the Ghibli MAC isn't as good as the MI version since there are 3 movies per DVD instead of 2. Its still pretty good though.

I had a problem with Only Yesterday and Kiki in my MAC set, some scenes have tons of Macro Blocking and the audio skipped. It's not to bad with Only Yesterday but on Kiki it lasted for nearly 20 minutes. They work fine on my DVd rom though, it was probably a bad pressing on that batch, don't know if the new ones are fixed.

I would go with the MI set just to be sure
yeah, but the thing that annoys me in MI is the ever present logo, the e-mail addresses and the flashing www.anime-cartoon.com that goes on whenever there isnt any diolog, that is why I sometimes pick one set over another, believe it or not :mrgreen:
I have the FX Escaflowne TV + Movie and it is flawless.
Pages: 1 2