Import Anime Forums

Full Version: questionS:- seikai series, ranma series, Lupin III series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

(1)

In the Seikai series, what are the correct chronological order for the following titles (and please specify if the English name is correct for the title):-
-Seikai no Monshou (Crest of the star)
-Seikai no Senki (Banner of the star)
-Seikai no Senki II (Banner of the star II)
-Seikai no Danshou (Lost Chapter of the star birth)

The MI of Seikai no Manshou is good. Do I need to get all 4 titles to have a closure to the plot? What is another anime title that is similar style and approach as the Seikai (Ghost in the Shell movie?). I've no found many postings of ppl liking this title (ie Seikai no Monshou). I like GITS and GITS:SAC.

(2)

As for Ranma TV, I know there are MAC fx-ripped R1 season1+2, MAC own-sub R1 season3, and MI R2 ep 1-161 3-boxes. Given VIZ has a R1 season 4, I can't see how the entire Ranma TV ends with season 4. Even FX season1+2 and season3+4 only have up to 88 eps (FX season1+2 has ep 1-40, and FX season3+4 has ep 41-88), what makes up 89 - 161???

How is the MI R2 ripped ep 1-161 video quality? I hope no worst then AV Inuyasha box 1-3 (ghosting, grainy, corse audio).

Many ppl said the Ranma OVA is the essence of the Ranma TV. How many filler are there in the Ranma TV? Then there are the Ranma Random Rhapsody and Ranma movie. Hmm...looks like a lot to buy if I get into Ranma.....

If I have to pick between MI Ranma TV, and MI Maison Ikkoku, which one would you advise? I like Kare Kono.

(3)

I've read mixed comments of Lupin III TV. I know there are
-MI Lupin III 1st season
-MI Lupin III 2nd season P1
-MI Lupin III 2nd season P2

Given Lupin III 2nd season has 155 eps, and Lupin III 2nd season part2 ends with ep 52, there are atleast several more season 2 parts coming. My question is how good really of this Lupin III that warrants a collection? Is it episodic like Cowboy Bebop? Can you give me another title that has similar style and approach

Whew, OK. That's good for now. Any input or feedback is very much appreciated. Thanks. :oops:
Lupin the Third really warrants owning. The first set is HK gold! You should go get it very good stuff. Big Grin
Lupin is episodic. I didn't like the TV seires however. The movies are wonderful and I'd recomend those. As for Ranma, there are 7 seasons in total. FX has done a rip of the 1st 4 seasons. Viz has not put out the 5th season yet and still has to finish the 7th. And yes, the Ranma OVA's in my opinion were the best part of the entire series. You do have to watch at least the 1st season or 2 to know who the characters in the OVA's are. I would probably recommend you go with Maison Ikkoku, since it will be cheaper for you and there are no R1 rips of it coming anytime soon.
Thanks for all the feedbacks.

Given I can read Chinese and I'm too cheap to buy all the R1 ripped MAC Ranma TV season sets, I'll get the LD ripped MI Ranma TV bundle complete set. However, I'll get the R1 ripped MAC Ranma OVA.

Have decided what I'm gonna buy (MANY) but holding off a little until I get my order from Animeniacs. Sad (ordered on Mar16 and bcz of the snow storm in Denver I was told that the package would be earliest shipped on Mar21...with this war on Iraq and more heighten security measurements, I'm holding my breath for the delivery to arrive and hopefully in good condition)...sorry for the rant.

Anyway, hope my MAC request to JJ is coming soon :wink: