Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Bad News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some news that effects a few of you...

I was just notified (10:30 PM thursday Japan time) that my Grandfather
is in the hospitol in critical condition. He has had 2 strokes in less than 2 years and now his lungs are filling up with fluid. I have been offered emergency leave to be at his side. His chances of being alive by the time I arrive are slim.

By taking this leave I will be leaving Saturday the 22nd. Which brings me to my second point. Unless I can pull a rabbit out of my hat I won't be able to attend the con. To be honest with the way things kicked off in Iraq I was probly going to get my leave cancled. At least this way I still get to come home. It is not the way I intended but I will be there for my family.

If I am still able to make it to the con I will let you all know. And it will be posted here if I can go bye Friday morning your guys time.

Hey if you believe in God please pray for me & my family. If not just a little bit of hope in your heart will go a long way...

Thanks your Friend..... David AKA Morgorath
I am sorry to hear this Morg, I pray everything goes well and that your Grandfather gets better. If you can't go to the con then there is nothing anyone can do about it and that is ok. Me an kak can probably get there on our own, it's no massive deal.I hope you have a safe trip to see your grandpa, and a safe trip back!
Yeah, sorry to hear that. I'm not too good in situations like this, so I'll shut up now.
I hope everything goes well with your family. Hopefully you will still be able to make it to the con.
Your grandfather is in my thoughts and prayers, bro.

Chris
Sorry to hear that

My prayer sand thoughts wil be for your grandfather
Thanks everybody, I want you all to know that sometimes a friend is more than just a sholder to cry on that sometimes it is a flat screen... Anyways Thank you all for your hope and support. I got my emergency leave approved and I will arrive in Indiana this Saturday evening. I have to return to the base by APril 10th so you can guess what that means. I will post again when I arrive in Indiana till then....

Here's too....

Anime, Mt. Dew, & Video Games....
Sorry, Morg. =( I'll be thinking about you and your grandfather. I hope everything turns out for the best. Hey, there's always next year for the con, and there's always Nan Desu Kan in Denver this september!
Just to fill you in my grandfather pasted away March 27th. We buried him Saturday it has been a hard time for all my family. I thank you for all your kind words i will be back to my posting self in about a week when I get back to Japan. Until then Love, Anime, & Mt. Dew... (oh and orange spice gamecubes)
We will be here with arms wide open my friend! And with Platinum Gamcubes to boot!
I'll make sure to play enough Spice Orange Gamecube for you too!
sorry to hear that morgorath, I didnt post before because I didnt really know what to say in that situation...
Sorry to hear it, Morg =/ You have my condolences. Hope all is well with you and your family and I look forward to seeing you more on the boards when you get back to base. We miss ya!
You have my condolences as well Morg. Just like OO, I'm not really good at this type of stuff.
I'm very sorry, David. I'm sure he was a good man, and that he's doing well in whatever comes after life. I hope your family is doing alright in these tought times. Hope to see you back soon.

Chris