Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Vampire Hunter D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What does the D stand for in his name? I'm serious!!! I have been trying to figure out the answer to this for a while now. They never mention his name in the anime. Alot of you guys read mangas, so any info would be appreciated.
Dracula, he is decendant of Dracula
Isn't it dunbar as in half human half vampire
I know he's Dracula's son. It's not Dunbar, but Dunpeal. But those can't be his names. There's only 1 Dracula, so they wouldn't name him that. And Dunpeal is more of a term for a race or breed than someones name.
its refering to Dracula... in the original movie his hand says "... and you call your self a D...." and he cuts him off... Dracula like a blood line... not like a Dracula himself

think of it as a last name
Dunpeal, thats it! I knew there was something wrong with dunpar
JJ is right! :wink:
Yea... because he doesnt hide the fact that he is half vampire and he would not hide the fact that half vampires are called Danpeals
So you're saying he wasn't given his own name, but the D stands for his family name which he's carrying on? But, we don't know for definite right? You're making an educated guess, but that wasn't actually stated anywhere, even in the mangas?
Well, if you watch both the first one and bloodlust, it is pretty clear through implication. Isn't it in both of them that the lead villains near last words are "You must be the son of... :dies:"
Yeah, they say he's the son of Dracula, but that doesn't necessarily mean the D in his name stands for Dracula. I was trying to find out if they ever definitively state what his name is anywhere. I guess not. Thanks for the help anyways guys.
I think what the creators wanted was for you to come to your own conclusion. Even though the only one I could come to was he is an offspring of Dracula. Big Grin
bloodlust was so beautiful, bit uderwhelmed with the violence, the fact there wasn't enough
they probably couldnt use the Dracula name cause it must be copyrighted or something like that so they put D instead
I think the D in the Title could and I mean COULD stand for Dunpeal and that D the character is Dracula but I honestly think jj is right too about his name like I just said. Argg the confusion!!!! :twisted:
Pages: 1 2